Subscriber Services
 

Friday, March 30, 2007

Tips for working new moms


I remember those days when I was well into my pregnancy and staying awake in front of my computer was a struggle. So I must admit, I like Erika Boom's premise for her new business, Belly & Kicks. Boom aims an exercise program at working moms to help them keep up stamina during and after their pregnancies. Boom says her program targets all muscle groups to ease the discomforts of pregnancy and make for an easier transition back to work.
Tips for working during pregnancy:
Make sure your work area is well ventilated.
Avoid hunching forward at your desk.
Avoid wearing high heels during the last weeks of pregnancy.
Keep an agenda, you mind tends to forget during pregnancy.

Tips for transitioning back to work:
Avoid high-impact movements
Keep hydrated.

The photo is Erika Boom working out with her client Vanessa Chartouni de la Serna. To learn more about Belly & Kicks in Miami, visit http://www.belly-n-kicks.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home