Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Overwhelmed by errands

I just hung up on my husband. This is not something I do often. But today, he is giving me a list of chores I should accomplish and questioning why I haven't done some of the former ones he had asked me to do. I work part-time (four days a week) but still, never have enough time to get to even half of my to-do list.
I'm surprised by how many moms, working and non-working, accept the mother load of household, husband, and kid responsibilities. Lately, I am dealing with aging parent issues too. Sometimes, I resent that my husband goes to work early and comes home late, giving him a more legitimate excuse for not going to the bank or grocery store. Do you have equality at home? What are fair distribution of chores anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home