Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Want more money, become a man

Today is National Pay Equity Day and the message is clear. If you want to make more money, become a man. Why? Because full time working women make 77 cents to a full time working man's dollar. With that $35 more that I would have earned yesterday if I was a man, I could have paid for the dinner I had to buy my family because I got stuck late in the office and didn't have time to cook what I had planned before rushing my daughter to gymnastics.
Today in Miami, hundreds of women will march down Lincoln Road wearing red to symbolize the inequities in pay between men and women. Evelyn Murphy, author of Getting Even: Why Women Don't Get Paid Like Men and What to Do About it, gives this advice: "To get paid like men, women and men must put perssure on chief executives -- to make women's pay fair. That's it. It's simple. But women must act or CEO's will not react."
Are you willing to act?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home