Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Blogs - a passion or a chore?

This morning, I took my youngest son to kindergarten orientation. He is thrilled with the idea of going to the same school as his big brother and sister. I'm not so thrilled. For me, his going to kindergarten means five years have flown by and I have spent much of that time typing away at my computer. I love my job as a writer for The Miami Herald. I even am enjoying writing this blog. But the truth is, every hour at the computer is less time I'm interacting with my children.
This is one of those days, (we all have them) when I convince myself I am going to better manage my time. I'm going to try to work more efficiently to get more hours with my kids when they still want to spend time with me.

My co-worker offered me a time management tip she learned from a real estate professional: "The first hour of your workday, work the hardest. It will set the tone for the rest of the day and give you a sense of accomplishment.

I'm going to take that advice. Here I am writing on the blog at the start of my workday. Through some reporting this week, I have been enlightened on the passion that blogging has become for most people, even those who do it as part of their jobs. The trick, they tell me, is to blog effectively. I enjoyed learning about how other bloggers are dealing with the time demands. Read about it in my Miami Herald column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home