Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A getting through the day reward

I am rewarding myself right now with a piece of Godiva chocolate. I deserve it, I'm telling myself, for making it midway through, "one of those days."
Sick child crisis, sick parent crisis, deadline looming, rainy day traffic jams looming ....I deserve this piece of chocolate. It's part of a reward system I instilled years ago when my first child was born and I was just adjusting to the balancing act. If I could just make it through my 10-hour workday on virtually no sleep, I could go home to a chocolate bar and my newborn. It worked, I guess. Thank god for my fast metabolism.
So many new moms ask, "What's the key to balancing work and family?''
Today, the answer seems pretty simple -- chocolate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home