Subscriber Services
 

Monday, November 27, 2006

Turkey day disaster

Like most working women, I would love to host a party Martha Stewart style. (Just to show I'm capable of being a domestic diva). I had hoped it would happen this Thanksgiving, when I invited 25 people to my Thanksgiving dinner. My table would have Martha Stewart envious. But the rest of the day would have made her cringe.
My oven broke about two hours before my family and guests arrived. Thankfully, my mother-in-law was cooking the turkey and I had only the side dishes to prepare or warm. I found a neighbor who was going out to eat and asked to borrow her oven. From there, things only got worse. After putting my side dishes in her oven, I returned to take them out but discovered I had locked myself out of her home. I had to ask my guests to help me break through her garage door. But the day got worse. I dropped the hot green bean casserole on her floor and managed to slip on it as I wiped it up.
By the time I put whatever food I had left on the dinner table, my family was starved and most of the food was cold. What I realized from the fiasco is I am no Martha Stewart but the truth is, it doesn't matter. I am thankful I have a job I love, a family I love and a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home