Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Parenting classes for grandparents

I hadn't thought much about the issues that face grandparents raising children in today's high-tech world until I saw a recent article on grandparenting classes.
I have trouble keeping up with my kids, staying on top of websites they should or shouldn't be on, learning how to communicate best with their teachers (should I send e-mails?) and helping them with school projects on the Internet. It must be a real challenge for some grandparents who don't have a computer at home and are clueless about how to find resources.
Thankfully, someone out there is willing to clue them in. The School Board of Broward County is starting a parenting series for grandparents raising children, with information on support groups and school resources in English and Spanish. The only problem is the free classes are not conducive to working grandparents. (And many grandparents who support young kids still work) Anyway, the classses are at 3:30 p.m. for the next four Tuesdays at Hollywood Park Elementary, 901 N. 69th Way. For info, call 754-321-3614.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Donna Bailey said...

I am a grandmother raising two grandchildren in Hollywood.
I would have attende, had I known about the classes.

Why didn't the schoolboard send out a notice through the school?

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home