Subscriber Services
 

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Stress is in the air

It's hard to deny stress is in the air. It must be the end of the school year or just the feeling that summer is coming - fast. Bosses are grouchier than usual, my working moms friends are having meltdowns and even my kids seem stressed out trying to wrap up school work.
Here's why I'm trying harder than ever to stay calm: a study has confirmed that stress speeds aging by harming DNA. Intense, long-term emotional strain can make people get sick and grow old before their time, shows a study from the University of California at San Francis.
I'm going to think twice before I panic that I haven't signed up my daughter for summer camp, or that my editor has just moved up a deadline. It's not worth a new wrinkle!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Suddenly, the reason for my new, large crop of gray hair becomes clear.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home