Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jon Bon Jovi's work/life balance


What's it like to be a rock star dad? In an interview in BestLife magazine, Jon Bon Jovi gives a peek into what it is like to balance his work as an entertainer and his family life.

Bon Jovi is 45, married 18 years to his high school sweetheart and has four kids (ages 14 to 2) In his lifetime, he has played more the 2,500 gigs, in more than 50 countries, in front of more than 32 million people and sold more than 100 million albums. So how there is he for his family?

In the magazine interview he says, "I've been in one of the biggest rock bands in the world for 25 years and I'm not a saint and I have not been a saint... I missed tons of birthdays and school plays...It's my life and it is what it is....I don't look at this week's hot starlet and think about trading in or trading up. I don't have a mistress on the side or another family across town."

And while he admits he may not be the perfect dad, he says, "I do the best I can."

Isn't that what most dads aim for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home