Subscriber Services
 

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Britney Spears, a bad mom?

Today, I'm going to weigh in on the Britney Spears "Worst mother in the world" controversy. I was eating pizza at a restaurant with my kids Friday night when the TV in the place was showing the clip of Britney almost dropping her child. She was being stalked by a crowd of photographers and seemed to slip. My daughter wanted to know what all the fuss was about.
I thought back to the time I had just returned home from work and my editor called on the phone. I put my 3 month old daughter in her bouncy seat on the counter while I answered my editor's questions. Next thing I knew, she had bounced her self right onto the floor. She seemed fine, once the crying subsided, but I convinced myself I was the worst mom ever. I had put my job before my child's safety. If dozens of cameras were zooming in on me, what would the viewing audience think? The truth is, most parents of newborns, especially those with kids close in age, will confess some horror moment when they dropped a child, had the kid facing the wrong way in the car seat, or had some other moment they are less than proud of. I say, give Britney a break.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen.

9:53 PM  
Blogger lok ri said...

Incredible Ridiculous Outstanding Inspiring Stunning quest story there. What occurred happened after? Good luck Thanks Take care]!


Watch Jason Bourne Full Movie

Watch Bad Moms Full Movie

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home