Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Networking for many reasons

I loved the scene in the movie Hitch where the lead man, tries to chat up his new love at a singles networking event. I have since learned that these events are catching on in the business world as a way to mix business with pleasure. I regularly receive e-mail about networking for social and business purposes from a company called Fast Pitch. This company's concept encourages up to 30 local professionals to take part in 15 one-on-one conversations during the 1 1/2 hour event. Each conversation lasts for 5 minutes. At the conclusion of the event, a Directory of Attendees gets handed out with the attendees' names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers. I am wondering who goes to these events -- small business owners looking for customers or single professionals looking to find love? Maybe both? Let me hear your experiences. You can e-mail me at cgoodman@MiamiHerald.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home