Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Satisfied or turned off?

So many times over my nearly 15 years of work at The Miami Herald, I've been on the verge of quitting. Life just seemed easier without being pulled in so many directions. The reason I stayed employed: money and satisfaction. I like what I do for a living. I enjoy being a role model for my children and I like contributing to the household income. But it seems I'm in the minority.
Fewer people are satisfied in their jobs each year, according to a new survey by The Conference Board, a business research organization. In a recent poll, only 47 percent of Americans say they're satisfied with their jobs, a sizable drop from the 61.1 percent who expressed satisfaction in a similar survey 20 years ago.
The survey found that job dissatisfaction is greatest among workers under age 25.
The findings show that "employers may get the talent to come in the door, but they've got to work on keeping them," said Lynn Franco, director of the board's Consumer Research Center.
What makes us satisfied?
The very highest satisfaction ratings were recorded when workers said they were satisfied with their co-workers (57.7 percent) and with their commutes (57.1 percent).
What kills our satisfaction? Money, of course.
Only about one-third of respondents said they were satisfied with their income. When asked about fringe benefits, nearly half were happy with their vacation and sick leave policies, but all other leave, health, pension and retirement plans were sources of discontent for more than six in 10 of those surveyed. (Read more online at www.conference-board.org.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home