Subscriber Services
 

Monday, November 05, 2007

The dinner scramble made easier



My life just got easier. Mr. Food No-Fuss Meals has opened a new Davie locale close to home. For working parents trying to scramble to get dinner on the table, this concept is awesome. The basic idea is you book a session(usually a two-hour window), and go to the store to assemble a bunch of home-cooked meals. The recipes and ingredients are those of the popular syndicated TV personality Mr. Food (Art Ginsburg). You can leave out any ingredients your family loathes ( maybe green olives?). Then, you head home with assembled meals in freezable containers that you can stick in the freezer and pull out to cook as you want to use them. The directions are right there on a label.

For me, this is a godsend. I'm often scrambling to figure out what I'm going to make and whether I have all the ingredients I need. This cuts way back on brain clutter.



On my visit to the new Davie location (It's in the Tower Shops on University Drive) I brought with me Miami Herald marketing manager Raquel Alderman, also a working mom (see photo). The two of us drank some complementary wine, sampled some dinner and dessert items and prepared a few meals. We schmoozed with a few other working moms who were assembling meals for their families. What I love about this Davie store is that it has a KidZone for parents who want to bring their young kids with them. It also has a hanging out area with a couch for unwinding after you prepare your meals. The Davie Mr. Food No-Fuss Meals is a franchise location owned by former American Express executives Larry Styron and Richard DiLapi. The two are convinced the store will be successful because "everyone is strapped for time these days.''

Meanwhile, this meal assembly concept is taking off across America and in South Florida. There are new Mr. Food No-Fuss Meals opening in Fort Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines. Dream Dinners, a similar concept, has local locations in Pinecrest and Sunrise.

To register for a session at a Mr. Food location, click here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Meals are as advertised, awesome!We had our first one last night, Chicken Monte Carlo, absolutely delicious!! An outstanding meal cooked & served within 30 minutes! You can't ask for anything more than that for a working mom,or dad.
thx,
The Iceman

2:54 PM  
Blogger Midwestern Girl in Miami said...

I know I've heard of similiar places before in the midwest... I'm having a difficult time remembering their names. Any suggestions? I might try this one, but Davie is a little far for me, I would like something in Miami if possible, and with healthy options.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home