Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The year of the dad


I predict this will be the year of the dad. It has been slow in coming but I believe this year we will see more attention paid to the work/life balance struggles of working fathers and spouses. Already, I see surveys being conducted on the topic, academics studying trends and websites popping up. I hear talk in corporate offices and I see more fathers writing first person articles about their experiences. With more mothers in the workforce, more single and divorced dads and more men marrying later who want to spend time with their new wives, it only makes sense that men are feeling the pull of work and their personal lives.
Today in my Miami Herald column, I highlighted a few books that offer good tips on balancing work and a personal life. For men and women, I recommend Three-Ring Circus. I loved the first-person short stories on topics so many of us confront but rarely talk about. Let me know what you think of the books I have chosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home