Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The right way to talk about work


Got job gripes? Of course you do, but don't discuss them in front of your family, says an article in this month's Parents Magazine. The concern is that complaining will make kids afraid of the workplace.
To put a more positive spin on your worklife, the magazine suggests that you don't say: "I can't stand my co-worker, Jimmy." Instead try: "I might not like everyone I work with but I try to be polite -- just like you should be to other kids at school.
And, instead of saying: "I wish I didn't have to go to work today." You might try something like this: "It would be fun to stay home. But working hard makes me look forward to spending the weekend with you even more."
And then there's the saying most of us utter at some point in our lives: "I'd quit this job if I could afford to." Instead try this: "Money isn't all I get from my job. I really like being part of a team."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home