Subscriber Services
 

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Busting clutter


Clutter is rampant in South Florida. That's what I have learned as a result of The Miami Herald's Balance Makeover that ran in the newspaper today. I am flooded with comments from people who could relate to the plight of Pamela Fero, an air traffic controller and mother of six whose home overflows with clutter. Professional organizer Diane Hatcher showed Fero some ways to get started clearing to restore better balance to her disorganized life.
April Bolet of Miami says she can relate to Pamela She writes: "My clutter, has or does have a profound impact on my outlook every day. I know what I need to do and I just have to sit down and do it.''
Michelle Raghunandan has begun tackling her clutter. She writes: Your article brought my problem once again to the forefront. How refreshing to see I am not the only one to suffer with the clutter issue. I am overwhelmed after taking care of making it through daily survival task. This year (so far) I started to take on the task of spending at least 15 minutes every night (when homework permits at least) going through the many, many, many piles of mail.
I organized the piles of schoolwork, forms to sign and notices to read into a filing system Diane Hatcher shared with me. Let me tell you, busting clutter is worth the effort. I'm on my way to better balance. I plan to check in on Pamela in a few weeks and track her progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home