Subscriber Services
 

Monday, January 15, 2007

We're procrastinating more

I would have written this post earlier but the kids are home from school today and I was procrastinating. Lucky for me, I'm not alone. Procrastination in society is getting worse, a new study shows. The good news is that scientists have figured out why we are procrastinating -- too many diversions (which also explains our struggle for balance in our lives).
The bad news: procrastination makes people poorer, fatter and unhappier. Something has to be done about it, declares University of Calgary professor Piers Steel. (Click here for the full study results) The professor thinks as a society we're too far gone: "You can reduce it but I don't think you can eliminate it," he says. Steel says it is harder to wean chronic procrastinators from their habit than alcoholics. Of course, not all of us are chronic procrastinators. But I dare you to find someone who hasn't procrastinated about something during the last week. Let me know if you find someone. You don't have to do it right away.

1 Comments:

Blogger CL said...

Well. I was pondering the effects of procrastination today myself. Got into it here:

http://nutty-notes.blogspot.com/2007/01/technological-procrastination.html

Glad I'm not alone!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home