Subscriber Services
 

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Is flex-time for real?

A press releases landed in my inbox that makes this declaration: 2007 will be the year of the flexible workplace. This is the prediction made by SelectMinds, a Corporate Social Networking company. Anne Berkowitch, CEO of SelectMinds, says, “The mid-career professional with a growing family, the pre-retiree juggling caregiving responsibilities and the retiree looking for a partial paycheck all have one thing in common: a strong desire to work when, how and where they want. Over the next few years, companies of all sizes will face a strong talent squeeze. Flexibility is the ‘X-Factor’ that CEOs will need to succeed in this environment.” To learn more about SelectMinds predictions, www.selectminds.com.
I think companies have made progress in understanding the desire for flexibility, but I wonder how many employers really are committed to making changes. I'm skeptical that 2007 will be the year of the flexible workplace. I hope to be proved wrong!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Selfmademom said...

Well, I am living proof so far that there are flexible employers out there willing to negotiate to keep valued employees. After I had my son, I was able to negotiate my return to work at 3 days a week. Of course, I took a pay cut, but the 2 days I have at home are priceless!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home