Subscriber Services
 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Response to invitation

For all of you who responded to my invitation, send me your guest columns and I will post them on the blog as quickly as possible. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and ancedotes on work/life balance.
Some statistics in this weekend's edition of USA Weekend are so interesting that I want to share them with you. It turns out all those arguments we have with our spouse about who does the dishes or makes the bed are trivial. A survey conducted by the magazine found 74 percent of couples say money is the cause of most family fights. Only 7 percent blame housekeeping. Here is another stat I found fascinating: About 33 percent of Americans would rather lose 10 pounds than land a promotion. That sure says a lot to employers about our priorities. Employers are going to have to be much more creative to motivate their workers. It's too bad that many still don't realize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home